Effective Date: 2019-07-10
If you are visiting our website to learn more about InterplX and you volunteer information and provide consent, this information will be used only for the purposes of contacting you and providing the requested information. This will be referred to as InterplX Marketing Data. Note that although we will obtain your consent before sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
If you are visiting our website to utilize our expense management services, this information will be referred to as InterplX Client Data and will only be used for the purposes of providing the expense management services contracted by your employer, prospective employer or associated organization.
In all cases we will not sell, re-distribute or disclose any personal information to any other entity unless required by law or required by third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out contracted services. InterplX complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
InterplX complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. InterplX has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, purpose, data security and integrity, access and recourse, enforcement, liability, and accountability for onward transfer.
InterplX will collect information from you when you use our websites. We collect information you directly provide to us, such as your name, email address, and postal address from our marketing website. We may collect bank account information and other personal information from ExpenseNet® if directed by your employer. We also obtain information from your employer and combine that information with information collected on our marketing website.
When you visit any of our websites, some information is automatically collected such as your computer’s operating system, Internet protocol (IP) address, access times, and browser type. We also collect information about your usage and activity.
Cookies may be retained on your local browser in order to add convenience such as saved settings or other items. You do not need to accept cookies from InterplX’s sites.
Data Security and Integrity
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use and confidentiality of personal information, we have put into place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the personal information we process. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information on or transmitted via the Internet or other unsecure methods outside of our defined process.
We may need to share your personal data with the following parties to enable us to provide expense management services contracted by your employer, prospective employer or associated organization and for the purposes contacting you and providing the requested information. Where permitted by law, we may also share your personal data for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the information was collected.
- Customers: We need to share your personal data with our customers (including your employer) so we can provide our services, including processing your expense claims. Where they are one of our customers, your employer can access your personal data held in our systems. Your employer may also configure our software to make your personal data available to third parties through our APIs.
- Service providers:
- Expense management and accounting service providers.
- Contracted third parties who provide data processing services to us or who otherwise process personal data for purposes such as credit and virtual card processing, fraud prevention, IT and system administration, business analytics, online advertising delivery, marketing, market research and communication services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, consultants, insurers and recruiters.
- Other third parties:
- Business partners with whom InterplX may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on InterplX’s website.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- Regulators and other law enforcement authorities and agencies who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances and/or where disclosure is required by law.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Access to and Removal of Personal Information
For InterplX Marketing Data you may request that we correct, amend or delete your personal information stored by us in electronic form. We will honor your request, but we are unable to guarantee that all such information will be deleted because some residual information may remain on back-up storage and other media until destroyed in accordance with our standard procedures.
To modify Data that is maintained by an InterplX Client, you may be able edit the information directly, or would need contact your client administrator (Data Controller), that would have the authority to do so.
Commitment and Dispute Resolution
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, InterplX commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact InterplX at [email protected] or by mail.
InterplX has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint within 45 days, please contact or visit JAMS for more information or to file a complaint at no cost to you.
If your complaint is not resolved after following the recourse mechanisms described above, you may have the ability to invoke binding arbitration. Additional information is available here.